Sunday 25 September 2016

My apologies

Truth to tell, I may not be the best person to get this venture going, but I'm the only one who has the bag of tricks to make it work! 

And so there are a few things that you might need to put up with.

I'm not so good at small talk. Conversation stresses me out a little, I must confess. There either a little high-functioning Aspergers thing going on there, or else I'm just genuinely shy. Or eccentric.

And yet I genuinely like other people. I'm a great empathizer.

But I sometimes read people wrong. Plus, I can fall into a defensive way of reacting when I feel criticized or am alarmed. Maybe that's the result of being brought up by parents who went through a LOT of hardship in the second world war (losing 4 family members is just the start of it).

I sometimes get flustered when asked questions, since I don't give rehearsed answers but consider each of them from scratch (re-inventing the wheel, I know).

I think in large leaps and forget to explain my 'flights of fancy', therefor I can become impatient when others don't catch on immediately. Sorry guys.

Maybe sometimes people think my sense of humor is inappropriate, but I see the world as a funny place.

I wish the best for everyone, but am probably too idealistic for my own good (see my financial position).

No comments:

Post a Comment